Maple Grove (June 2017) – ACI Asphalt & Concrete, Inc. has been named one of the Top 150 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune. The Star Tribune Top Workplaces recognizes the most progressive companies in Minnesota based on employee opinions measuring engagement, organizational health and satisfaction.
To qualify for the honor, a company must have more than 50 employees in Minnesota. Over 2,000 companies were invited to participate. Rankings were composite scores calculated purely on the basis of employee responses; the majority of ACI’s team participated in the process.
A complete list of those selected is available at StarTribune.com/topworkplaces2017
ACI Asphalt & Concrete, Inc named to
Pavement Maintenance and Reconstruction™
Top Contractors for 2017
Maple Grove, MN (June 2017) – Pavement Maintenance and Reconstruction™, the leading magazine serving contractors in the paving, sealcoating, pavement marking, sweeping and pavement repair industry, has selected ACI Asphalt & Concrete, Inc as one of the nation’s Top Contractors of 2017!
Sealcoating is one of the most important elements of a comprehensive pavement management plan. Properly applied sealcoat protects asphalt surfaces against gasoline, oil, salt, water and ultraviolet rays, which causes the asphalt to breakdown, causing discoloration, cracks, voids and potholes.
Crack Sealing is a crucial preventative measure to keeping moisture out from under the pavement, preventing potholes from forming and extending the life of your asphalt.
The Benefits of Sealcoating and Crack Sealing are:
• Appearance: The pavement looks new, projecting a positive image for your company and/or investment property.
• Prevention: Increases the pavement flexibility by drawing the sun’s heat and becoming more pliable and assisting your parking lot to hold up to the traffic.
• Protects: Your asphalt investment is protected from natural and man-made elements
• Maintenance: Easier to clean up and maintain due to the smooth texture
• Cost Effective: The cost to sealcoat or crack seal is a fraction of the cost and extends the life of existing asphalt for pennies per square foot.
• ACI schedules the work within 72 hours of receiving the signed agreement.
• ACI confirms the project and communicates any weather conflicts.
• ACI notifies with a reminder 48 hours before work is performed.
• ACI sends notifications when the work or phases have been completed.
• ACI stands behind its work with warranty and quality assurance to meet and exceed your expectations!
ACI Asphalt and Concrete, Inc. services include sealcoating and crack sealing, asphalt repairs, asphalt removals for any size project and concrete services including catch basin repairs, exterior flat work and curb and gutter.
The Edina Park Board’s Veterans Memorial Committee is leading an effort to build an Edina Veterans Memorial with ACI Asphalt’s help.
Edina’s rich and proud legacy of patriotic service extends back to the Civil War. The Edina Veterans Memorial will be a unifying symbol of shared community values in honoring all Edina veterans of our nation’s armed forces — past, present and future. The 32 native and adopted sons of Edina who died in the time of war will be individually remembered at the new Veteran’s Memorial to be built at the intersection of 50th Street and Woodale Avenue at Utley Park in Edina.
The Veterans Memorial Committee has reached its fundraising goal and began construction of the memorial in the fall of 2014. Fundraising for the memorial generated over $450,000.
A groundbreaking ceremony was held on Friday, Sept. 19 at the site of the memorial in Utley Park.
In 2010, the memorial was budgeted to cost $450,000. Over the past three years, committee members were busy visiting with donors and state government leaders. Those efforts have resulted in the Veterans Memorial Committee raising $196,380 in private cash donations, including a $100,000 contribution from Dave Frauenshuh and his family and $20,000 from the Edina Rotary Foundation. In addition, the Edina City Council approved $39,461 in City funds, the state of Minnesota issued a Legacy Fund grant in the amount of $9,900 available upon completion of the project and the State legislature issued a general matching grant in the amount of $225,000.
The approved plan features:
• V-shaped granite plaza (emblematic of “victory”) leading up to the focal point of the memorial.
• An eagle and flag design will be a focal point.
• The wall will feature the names of the 32 Edina soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty since the City’s founding.
• Three illuminated flagpoles will be placed at the edge of the plaza hoisted with the American flag, state flags and white on black POW flag to honor troops in captivity or missing in action.
Construction of the memorial is nearing its end. A dedication ceremony will be held in honor of the City’s new memorial – 10 a.m. Memorial Day, Monday, May 25 at Utley Park, 4521 W. 50th St. Edina Mayor Jim Hovland and state and locally elected officials will speak. The First John Philip Sousa Memorial Band will play beginning at 9:30 a.m. The Committee encourages the public especially veterans, donors and Edina residents to attend the event.
The Committee is still collecting donations for ongoing maintenance of the memorial. Donations can be sent to the Edina Community Foundation, 5280 Grandview Square or you can donate online.
With the beautiful weather arriving so early this year – business is booming! If you enjoy working outside and taking advantage of the non-winter months in Minnesota, a job with ACI may be for you. We have a great staff that is fun, easy to work with, and committed to excellence. If you’re interested in joining a team that’s dedicated to our customers and experts in the paving field, visit our Careers page for more information.
ACI is always looking for new ways to provide better service to our customers and part of that is ensuring we have the most cutting-edge, up to date technology. Our new website is fully responsive so it is easy to navigate on a computer, phone, or tablet. Feel free to take some time and explore – we’ve added some new information! You can now learn about roller compacted concrete, a new service we’re providing. You can also visit our new Industries Served page to learn more about what ACI can do for you and your company. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to request a free estimate.